Animal Lovers Web Forum
Old Forum-New Forum - Printable Version

+- Animal Lovers Web Forum (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com)
+-- Forum: My Category (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Animal Lovers Web Forum (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Old Forum-New Forum (/showthread.php?tid=393)

Pages: 1 2

Old Forum-New Forum - Catherine - 03-04-2014

I just tested something. If you Google the old AnimalLoversWeb.com Forum, it brings you to our current site. The name is close enough that it connects. That is what I was hoping for when I chose the name. I had to pick from what was available, but the choice I made works.
I just thought I would share that with you.Biggrinsmiley

RE: Old Forum-New Forum - LPC - 03-04-2014

I just tried. If you Google "AnimalLoversWeb.com forum" you come up no. 1 on page 1! Ditto "Animal Lovers Web forum". That's good. Of course, "animalloversweb.com", because it lacks the word "forum", is not so good in the search - bottom of page 2. But anyone with a bit of determination should be able to find the new site.

It would have been better if the old site (animaloversweb.com) ceased to exist. Unfortunately, it still exists, but trying to sell courses for a "get rich quick" scheme. This could confuse a few people not used to Googling.

But congratulations on your choice of name, Catherine. The way to find us is now fairly easy via Google.

RE: Old Forum-New Forum - Tobi - 03-05-2014

Yesterday I tested our site by just googling "Animal Lovers Forums" (pretending I was someone who had not heard of our site but was interested in that subject.)
With those keywords only, our forum came up about halfway down NO. 1 page.

RE: Old Forum-New Forum - Catherine - 03-05-2014

The actual proper name of the old forum was AnimalLoversWeb.com Forum. Animalloversweb.com was a blog and news letter site and I think some other things. The forum came latter
Actually if I leave the word forum off, I get old YouTube and photos from the original site. There are all copyrighted so we can't use any of them. I did find the site that tells us that the old name is still owned and when it is going to be available. it is amazing what you can find on the internet.

At any rate we come up in a Google search pretty good now days. Not bad for the short time the site has been up and running.

LPC, I can't find the link to the get rich quick scheme that you mentioned. Maybe it matters where you Google from or else I entered it differently. It will be better when it expires.

RE: Old Forum-New Forum - LPC - 03-05-2014

(03-05-2014, 03:35 PM)Catherine Wrote: At any rate we come up in a Google search pretty good now days. Not bad for the short time the site has been up and running.

LPC, I can't find the link to the get rich quick scheme that you mentioned. Maybe it matters where you Google from or else I entered it differently. It will be better when it expires.
Yes, it is very rapid progress, Catherine. Regarding "getting rich quick", I just tapped in http://www.animalloversweb.com as an address directly and didn't Google on that occasion.

RE: Old Forum-New Forum - Catherine - 03-06-2014

The getting rich quick thing is odd. I wouldn't trust anything like that.

I am glad we are doing okay in the searches. Of course I did have to register with the search engines like Google, Firefox and Yahoo. It wasn't free, but it got us noticed. I do not want us to put ads on the Forum like the old site had. That was annoying. I think the whole way things worked out is better. I am happy with how we are doing.Smiley42

RE: Old Forum-New Forum - AnimalFamily - 03-09-2014

Great news. It doesn't take long to get yourself noticed on the world wide web.
A couple of suggestions in case you're interested:
1) Submit "tag/key" words that relate to the forum. Bock can help with this.
2) Also submit to Bing etc. I'm not sure why you had to pay to submit your URL? I've never heard of that?? Unless you're paying to boost your ranking? We can discuss that sometime if you'd like.

Also, If you 'google' your address each time alternating between the various search engines, it will boost your ranking significantly in all the search engines. It can be a bit of a pain doing this but we did it when our site was new and our site went to the top of the page in all search engines in no time!
I am lazy by nature and for a while just had our site on my 'favorites'. Used it all the time, until I figured out it was not helping with our page ranking, lol!

RE: Old Forum-New Forum - Catherine - 03-09-2014

Quote:Also, If you 'google' your address each time alternating between the various search engines, it will boost your ranking significantly in all the search engines. It can be a bit of a pain doing this but we did it when our site was new and our site went to the top of the page in all search engines in no time!
I am lazy by nature and for a while just had our site on my 'favorites'. Used it all the time, until I figured out it was not helping with our page ranking, lol!

I am with you. I like the laziness of a favourites list. I keep signed in.
I guess if it would help us put I could start searching for the Forum.
The things I do for this Forum eh.Smiley4
Quote:Submit "tag/key" words that relate to the forum. Bock can help with this.
Definitely I need help with this. I sort of know what it means, but I do not know how to do it.

Quote: Also submit to Bing etc. I'm not sure why you had to pay to submit your URL? I've never heard of that?? Unless you're paying to boost your ranking? We can discuss that sometime if you'd like.

This I will need help with. Now I am not sure what I actually paid for and to who. There were a great many things happening that week and I seemed to be agreeing to something new every day. I will see if I can find the info on this.
I still really have no idea what some things are and why we should do them or not. Smiley4

RE: Old Forum-New Forum - AnimalFamily - 03-11-2014

This whole thing is a learning experience. We have been at it going on 3 years now and are still learning new things every day, and there is still so much more to be learned.
Our biggest hangup seems to be how to get more exposure without having to pay an arm and a leg for advertising.

RE: Old Forum-New Forum - Catherine - 03-11-2014

Quote:This whole thing is a learning experience. We have been at it going on 3 years now and are still learning new things every day, and there is still so much more to be learned.
Our biggest hangup seems to be how to get more exposure without having to pay an arm and a leg for advertising.

I hear you about the advertising. None of us want that. It is frustrating when you go to a site and it is swarmed with ads. Some of them are very annoying.
I am still learning the tricks of the software. I have been keeping an eye on the stats and the logs so I have some idea of what is happening and how much traffic we have.

I find it funny that most people who visit a forum will not post even if they register. Most people will not even register. I suspect that some people check the same forums regularly, but do not want to contribute. Of course most people don't vote either and I don't understand why not.Huh