Animal Lovers Web Forum
Happy Birthday Catherine! - Printable Version

+- Animal Lovers Web Forum (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com)
+-- Forum: General (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Thread: Happy Birthday Catherine! (/showthread.php?tid=893)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Happy Birthday Catherine! - Catherine - 10-07-2014

Thank-you and good morning sis. You can toast me with morning coffee for now. We can get into the interesting stuff later.

If the weather holds I will be outside in the garden for awhile. This is the prettiest time of year and I love a chance to work on the landscaping. I only have a city yard, but I have made it into a little woodland park. I just made sure I planted small things. It is so nice to have time to just be here and enjoy it.

The animals like having me around and I am enjoying having time to be with them. I actually have time to watch my Bearded Dragon eat the breakfast that I prepared for him. I could sure get used to this pace of life.Smile

RE: Happy Birthday Catherine! - Knight of Albion - 10-07-2014

Happy birthday, dear Catherine. Have a lovely day and a wonderful year ahead.

Thinking of you ...

RE: Happy Birthday Catherine! - Catherine - 10-08-2014

Thank-you dear Knight. Your best wishes mean a lot to me.

RE: Happy Birthday Catherine! - Bock - 10-08-2014

[Image: Untitled.jpg]

It sounds like you've got an exciting week lined up!! Lunar eclipses, new trees, lots of food. What's not to love? Smiley4

RE: Happy Birthday Catherine! - Catherine - 10-08-2014

Thank-you, I am having fun.
I planted three trees yesterday and I went back to the garden centre for mulch and fell in love with another little Japanese Maple. It looks perfect in my garden.
Now I am all scrubbed and ready to go for dinner. I have even had time to watch movies and PBS specials(thanks to Netflix).

If it is too cloudy to see the eclipse, I am sure someone will post it on YouTube.
There is lots to do that is interesting and I am having a good week off.

Birthdays are definitely worth it.Smiley4

RE: Happy Birthday Catherine! - Tobi - 10-08-2014

It is lovely to have a week off to do what you like.
I had a look at the moon at different times in the night, but didn't see anything happening. There was some cloud, and some clear spells. I checked to see what time it would happen in the UK but didn't get a clear answer about that. Now I wonder if it was visible in the UK, and perhaps only in US and Canada.

RE: Happy Birthday Catherine! - Catherine - 10-09-2014

I think this time the eclipse was visible in North America, some time around 4am. It was raining heavy so I gave up and went to bed.

There are good video and pictures from other locations so we may as well look at what we missed.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10/07/blood-moon-will-appear-live-before-the-sun-rises-on-wednesday-morning/

It is sunny today, but cold. The rain last night may have stopped me from seeing the eclipse, but it did water my new trees. That is more important right now.

RE: Happy Birthday Catherine! - platy - 10-09-2014

Happy (belated) birthday Catherine! Hope you had a lovely day. I am an Autumn baby too, my favourite time of year Smile
Pity about the eclipse up there. I got to see some of it here but then it got too cloudy Sad but what I saw was pretty cool! There's always next year, don't forget!

RE: Happy Birthday Catherine! - Catherine - 10-10-2014

Thank-you for your greetings. I always consider the whole week to be my birthday. Our Canadian Thanksgiving is on the first Monday after my birthday and I have always treated that as my special holiday.

I think Autumn babies have it lucky. The leaves turn colour and everything is so crisp and bright. I think that is why I like colour so much. Does Australia have the same experience of fall that we have in Canada. All the leaves change to reds, yellows, oranges, browns and some shades that I can't even name and then they fall and it is like a colourful rain. When you walk through them they crunch. All our colour vegetables, like pumpkins and squash are ripe. It is a golden orange time of year.[Image: t120006.gif][Image: t120007.gif][Image: t120005.gif]