Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead animals found inside vacated rental home
This is a horrible story. Who knows how many animals actually died. It is sickening to think that they taped the kittens in a box alive and left them to starve or freeze to death. Either way the kittens and all the other animals had no chance to survive.

http://lethbridgeherald.com/news/lethbri...ntal-home/

I wish someone had called to report animals in distress or even the suspicion that animals were abandoned.
If only the landlord had searched the property. I know she had no way of knowing about the animals taped in boxes, but still I wish she had done more to check.

This was a deliberate act of cruelty. I hope they can find the people and charge them. Those poor little kittens.   Smiley19
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What an utterly heartbreaking case. Those poor animals, and how they must have suffered. It must have been terrifying for them. How could anybody do that?? All they had to do was surrender them to an animal Rescue or Shelter, or even dump them outside the gate in a box if they couldn't be bothered to do it properly! How hard is that?

I honestly do find monstrous states of mind which seem to afflict some people, very hard to understand.

It seems that the landlord did try her best with issues with abandoned animals in January....but just didn't check those taped boxes until much much later.

I understand that evidence has to show the animals were alive when put in the boxes, and died as a result of being in them. It seems that is the case with the kittens at least. It didn't say about the pups.

How very very sad indeed.
This was a deliberate act of cruelty. It is clear that the kittens were alive when they were taped into the box. 
They should be able to lay cruelty charges on that alone. These animal cases are a landlord's nightmare. She did check the house for animals. There would be no reason to expect animals taped in boxes in the garage. I am sure it bothers her that she didn't check. I would always wonder if I could have saved them.

They could have dropped the animals off at a shelter. They could have made a call to animal services to report that the animals were in the house. Putting them in boxes in the garage guaranteed that they would die and they would suffer before they died.

What is wrong with people that they do such things.
Catherine

These stories break my heart.
I feel sick about the little kittens. It takes a sick mind to kill kittens like that.
Catherine