Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Rescue Shelter needs your help
Animalrescue, why did you not give a link to your own website, rather than asking us to do a Google search? That in itself seems strange.

If I am honest, I find the rather judgemental and confrontational style of your first post on this forum rather strange, too. We are all animal lovers here, so why phrases such as "...we don't care if you don't like us" and mention of "b***s***" and so on. It is forum etiquette to introduce yourself properly. You haven't given your name. Are you an employee, a volunteer, or the local charity manager? For how long have had this role?

The sarcasm of your comment that "those nice people wrote us a bunch of bad reviews to get our google rating down" doesn't impress, either. Are you claiming that such a large number of different people conspired to give you bad reviews? Why would they all want to do that? You are a charity, after all.

You have asked people on this forum to give your local charity a positive Google review, but can we do that, without having visited it first? To give a review without knowing anything at first hand about how you operate would be unethical. As I live in France, I am not in position to visit your shelter personally. Only those living within a reasonable distance of your facility would be in a position to do so.

I did, however, do the Google search you suggested and looked at the Google reviews. The proportion of negative reviews seems alarmingly high - and I have seen a lot of reviews of animal charities over the years....

I have also visited quite a few animal refuges over the years, but some of the practices mentioned in the reviews for your shelter seem odd.

Not all the complaints seem to be apparently disgruntled people who have been refused a pet. Other more serious complaints listed include:

The fact that some animals have been put down, despite your claim to be "no kill" (there are several such separate claims - including from the former caretaker of a pet);
People are not allowed to see the pets directly in their living quarters (Why not? Most shelters are open to the public to view all over);
Instead, people are required to look through a file of photos and to choose just one animal to see. (A very unusual procedure).

The bad reviews seem to come not just from people who have been refused a pet. Some are from former employees, and other people who have visited your refuge.

I wish you well in your work saving animals, but I am left wondering whether your request for positive reviews on Google without our seeing your refuge, without even introducing yourself properly, without even giving your own website directly, is an attempt to manipulate your Google review stars.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Animal Rescue Shelter needs your help - by LPC - 07-31-2017, 12:12 AM