The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Salmon returned to spawn.
Sad 
For one Atlantic river there is no excitement and activity during the salmon spawning season because no salmon have returned.
For yet another river the cycle of salmon life is dead. 

I am sure there are a number of causes. Pollution, over fishing and fish farming have all played a part. At this moment does it really matter. The salmon have not returned. Every part of the ecosystem that is linked to the salmon spawning is now in trouble.
There will be no baby salmon to return to the ocean. Who knows what impact this will have. This is more than the death of a few fish. This is the unraveling of a complex pattern of animal behavior that is crucial to the well being of marine and fresh water habitats in the area. Smiley6 Sadsmiley 62 Sad

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/no-salmon-r...-1.3654053

I could get angry about this, but I don't have the heart for it right now. For years we have known that this was a danger. I just never actually believed that the day would come when no salmon would return.  I always believed that somehow they would survive. This means that all the other things we fear could also happen. What if one day the monarch butterflies don't return or perhaps our robins that are a sign of spring.  Smiley19
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
No Salmon returned to spawn. - by Catherine - 10-30-2017, 03:18 PM
RE: No Salmon returned to spawn. - by LPC - 10-30-2017, 06:29 PM
RE: No Salmon returned to spawn. - by Catherine - 10-31-2017, 02:01 PM
RE: No Salmon returned to spawn. - by Tobi - 11-02-2017, 10:55 AM
RE: No Salmon returned to spawn. - by Catherine - 11-02-2017, 03:14 PM