Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killer Whale Infanticide
I have been looking at the map of Vancouver Island. The orcas were up near the north east end of the island. That is the side that faces the mainland.  The abuse cases were further south, but they were all on the side of the island that faces the mainland.
I don't know if it means anything or not. The island is not well populated and there are more people living on the eastern side. I think the whales do spend a lot of time in the waters between Vancouver Island and the mainland.

Is there a lot of pollution in that area? I know there have been oil spills in the area so the waters are contaminated. Remember the Exon Valdez? It was further north, but the pollution spread and still exists today. The clean-up did very little to protect the ocean waters or the land that was contaminated. The workers involved in the clean-up suffered serious health problems as well.

It may not be possible to determine why an orca killed a baby or why there are so many animal abuse cases. It does bear looking at when there seem to be a cluster of incidents.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Killer Whale Infanticide - by Catherine - 03-22-2018, 03:29 PM
RE: Killer Whale Infanticide - by Tobi - 03-23-2018, 04:09 AM
RE: Killer Whale Infanticide - by LPC - 03-23-2018, 04:50 AM
RE: Killer Whale Infanticide - by Catherine - 03-23-2018, 05:01 PM