The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescue dog shot at the airport
Sad 
A rescue dog called Greta was being flown from the north to Winnipeg Airport. As she was being unloaded she escaped and ran out onto a runway. One flight did have to abort its landing quickly because of the dog. When she wasn't captured  immediately, Wildlife Control officers shot and killed her.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/04/11..._23409152/

This was not a happy ending for anyone, but especially not for Greta the dog. She was taken from her old life on the expectation of a newer happier life. Instead after a frightening time she ended up dead. 

I think they owe it to Greta to review every step of this, from the crates used for shipping, to the unloading practices and the way the airport handles escaped animals. Admittedly there could have been some risk to planes landing, but if they had a better plan for catching an escaped dog this could have ended better. It is too easy to just kill the dog. Catching her required some skills. 
Greta deserved a chance at life and they took that from her when they took the easy route. I am disappointed that Winnipeg Airport acted this way. I am also disappointed that no one is objecting to this. It is because Greta was a rescue. She had no family to grieve for her and be upset by her death. She was a rescue and there are plenty more where she came from. Smiley19
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Rescue dog shot at the airport - by Catherine - 04-15-2018, 04:49 PM
RE: Rescue dog shot at the airport - by LPC - 04-15-2018, 10:42 PM
RE: Rescue dog shot at the airport - by Catherine - 04-16-2018, 03:35 AM
RE: Rescue dog shot at the airport - by Tobi - 04-16-2018, 09:32 AM
RE: Rescue dog shot at the airport - by Catherine - 04-16-2018, 01:02 PM