The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gulf Stream is slowing down
Scientists have been studying the oceans very carefully and they have come to the conclusion that the Gulf Stream is slowing down. This current is described as a major heat distribution method for the Atlantic. It effects the climate of Europe and eastern North America. 

https://www.straight.com/news/1058386/vi...ed-climate

What will it mean for the overall climate in Europe and North America? We don't really know. 
How will this effect ocean life. What will happen to the various animals whose lives depend on the climate being stable.
We humans might be able to pack and move if things become unbearable. What about all the many creatures whose lives depend on the weather. If an area becomes too hot or too cold it might no longer sustain life. 

What about the currents in other parts of the world? Are they being effected by climate change.  What can we expect as a result.

This is a very serious situation, but you don't hear people talking about it as a crisis. I hear people making global warming jokes regularly. We are in the middle of an extreme weather event here in southern Ontario. There is a very nasty ice storm out there. I hear people saying "so much for global warming". What about catastrophic climate change? That is what global warming really means. Changing the Gulf Stream is going to mean some very real climate changes. I doubt they will be for the better.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
The Gulf Stream is slowing down - by Catherine - 04-16-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: The Gulf Stream is slowing down - by Tobi - 04-22-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: The Gulf Stream is slowing down - by Tobi - 04-23-2018, 10:18 AM