Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gulf Stream is slowing down
Canadian winters can go to -20C and even -30C. In the colder parts -40C happens. Your insulation is probably not geared for that cold a temperature. Your homes would probably have problems with plumbing freezing. I am not sure some of your roofs could take the extra snow weight. Do your cars have the proper snow tires for a cold winter? Can your roads handle the temperature changes? Do you have enough snow plows.  Many people would not have winter clothes that would handle a Canadian winter. My boots are good to -40C. I also wear special socks in them. 

Climate change has a lot of possible consequences. We are getting hotter summers here.  Many of our homes are not air conditioned. People are at risk of dying from the heat.
I am glad I planted trees. That will help. 

Some areas will be too dry to grow anything and the people will face water shortages and possible wildfires. Many places will face flooding. If the warmer gulf stream waters stay further south the hurricanes could continue to get stronger. 

These are all maybes and possiblys, but one thing is certain, there will be change if something so major as the gulf steam changes. Ocean currents are vital to life as we know it. If we are doing so much damage that the currents are changing then we better wake up and do something.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
The Gulf Stream is slowing down - by Catherine - 04-16-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: The Gulf Stream is slowing down - by Tobi - 04-22-2018, 09:55 AM
RE: The Gulf Stream is slowing down - by Tobi - 04-23-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: The Gulf Stream is slowing down - by Catherine - 04-23-2018, 04:31 PM