The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career Change
At the beginning of March I took a leap.  I was miserable at my small loans job (greedy loan sharks) and there was a big chance that I could be moved to a different location and have no say so.  I was already being forced to cover locations with little notice and cost to my time with my husband and animals.  I had no time to myself, tired, and stressed for little pay.

So I started looking for a new job and found Wag! I had tried to apply before but it hadn't been added to my area until last year.  So I reapplied and 5 days later I was employed by Wag! so then I had to quit my other job.  I did like the people I worked with and gave them a month to try and find someone new.  Which they didn't but I was free as of April 6th.  If you haven't heard of Wag! it is a phone app where you can schedule dog walks, sitting and boarding.  Their tag line is it's like uber for dog walking.  There are scheduled dog walks but also ASAP walks.  This past month I've been building my dog walking clients.  Some weeks are better than others but I set myself up to cover what I wouldn't be making those first few weeks.  I'm still stressed at times but it's a good kind of stress because I'm doing what I love instead of the crushing weight of doing something I hate that separates me from my loved ones.  My schedule is what I make it and I'm never that far from home for long. There's also the added bonus of all the exercise which I desperately needed.  This also means I will get to start my own business of training dogs!  Training dogs, walking dogs, and pet sitting for a living.  I'm also on Rover which it could take 2 more weeks to get my background check back but I'm trying to get the word out far and wide.

I also have a facebook page and soon a website if I can get the money together.  I already have the domain (libbysmuttmanner.com) paid for I just have to pay the cost of the layout.  I'm also looking into a business license so I can be totally legal.  Also intuit quick books has helpped for figuring out taxes and business expenses. 

https://www.facebook.com/libbysmuttmanne...=bookmarks

A lot of start up but I'm really starting to get the hang of it.

Messages In This Thread
Career Change - by Libby - 05-10-2018, 03:30 AM
RE: Career Change - by Catherine - 05-10-2018, 04:45 PM
RE: Career Change - by Libby - 05-13-2018, 03:06 AM
RE: Career Change - by Catherine - 05-13-2018, 04:05 PM
RE: Career Change - by Libby - 05-19-2018, 11:47 PM
RE: Career Change - by Catherine - 05-20-2018, 03:31 AM
RE: Career Change - by Tobi - 05-22-2018, 09:13 AM
RE: Career Change - by Catherine - 05-22-2018, 11:24 AM
RE: Career Change - by Catslave - 05-22-2018, 03:31 PM