The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flamming rabbit spreads wildfire
Yes the tittle does describe what actually happened. They were doing a controlled burn in Saskatchewan. They set a rabbit on fire and it ran and spread the fire. 
It seems to me that their controlled burn was not very controlled if they set an animal on fire.
The news broadcast ends by saying no one was hurt. What about the rabbit. I don't think it survived the fire.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/flaming-ra...-1.3921214

Maybe they need to think over controlled burns of grassland. The grasses are home to a lot of very tiny wildlife. I am sure the rabbit was not the only one who was harmed.  I wonder if the rabbits have babies already and what about the ground nesting birds? Is the burning really necessary? If it is then they need to think about when and how to do it so animals are not killed in the process. Things could have ended much worse if the fire had gotten away from them. Remember how bad the Fort McMurray fire was. However it started it spread uncontrollably.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Flamming rabbit spreads wildfire - by Catherine - 05-10-2018, 05:09 PM
RE: Flamming rabbit spreads wildfire - by Tobi - 05-11-2018, 09:34 AM
RE: Flamming rabbit spreads wildfire - by Tobi - 05-13-2018, 02:04 AM