The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth Overshoot Day
I am familiar with the concept of earth overshoot, but I didn't realize they were keeping such a close watch. Earth overshoot is the day of the year on which our demands for resources  exceed what the Earth can give us in a year. That is bad news. Worse is the fact that the date of Earth Overshoot get earlier and earlier each year. Worst is the fact that this is the earliest year ever.

So 2018 is the year in which we used up more resources faster than ever. This is not a good thing.

https://www.ibtimes.com/world-celebrates...ry-2705033

This has consequences for the whole planet and all life living on it. We need to reduce our demands. Even if we don't actually reverse things right now, we do need to make sure that next year does not break an earliest Earth Overshoot Day record.
First, don't make things worse. Second try to make things better.

There is a video in the article about moving the day back. I am going to post it separately so people can watch it more than once without going back to the article. This is important and we need to think about it.

https://youtu.be/jgbY79Opn34

How can I move back my personal Earth Overshoot date. There must be things I can do that would help.
If we all made a few changes it would help.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Earth Overshoot Day - by Catherine - 08-09-2018, 04:01 PM
RE: Earth Overshoot Day - by Tobi - 08-13-2018, 08:57 AM
RE: Earth Overshoot Day - by Tobi - 08-13-2018, 09:24 AM
RE: Earth Overshoot Day - by Catherine - 08-13-2018, 03:36 PM
RE: Earth Overshoot Day - by Tobi - 08-14-2018, 02:31 AM
RE: Earth Overshoot Day - by Catherine - 08-14-2018, 02:45 PM