The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A pets last moments...a vet talks.
A vet has talked about what a pets last moments can be like. A person will bring a pet in because euthanasia is now the kindest option. Then they will leave the pet with the vet and go. The pets last moments are spent frantically looking for their loved ones and wondering why they have been abandoned when they need them most. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic...heart.html

For a vet it is a difficult time. The vet wants to ease the pet into death as peacefully as possible. If there is no loved one there it is not so easy. I know some people find it hard, but if you love you pet please try. More than once I have gone with someone else's pet and held them and provided comfort. I am at least not a stranger and sometimes people just can't be there. 

Bringing a vet to the home is good, but sometimes people cannot afford to do this. 

Reading this article makes me even madder at the vet who charged more if the people were in the room with the cat when he died. They just couldn't afford to pay more. What she did was terrible for the people, but even worse for the cat. It breaks my heart to think of him alone like that. Smiley19 I always called him porkchop because he was a bit of a chubby cat. He should have had someone who loved him there when he died.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
A pets last moments...a vet talks. - by Catherine - 09-11-2018, 03:32 PM
RE: A pets last moments...a vet talks. - by Tobi - 09-12-2018, 10:11 AM