The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are budgies cannibals ?
It seems like budgies can be cannibals. I saw one budgie ripping the feathers of another budgie which is dead. I was like, what the hell was that ?

Usually their cute faces looks calm or something but this budgie which was ripping the feathers had a face which looked like it was pissed off. I don't know if it was just ripping the feathers or trying to eat the dead budgie.

I didn't liked to see some new young budgies getting beaten by some other bigger budgie. I think the problem is because of 2 budgie pairs. For a cage that size, one pair is enough and i guess perhaps their offspring won't fight each other. Since there was 2 budgie pairs and one male died, so the remaining one male budgie producing offspring with 2 female budgies. So there are youngsters from 2 mothers and some of them don't like each other. I'm sure this problem won't happen in a much bigger cage with several budgie pairs..Anyway, i didn't bought them and some other day, these birds were sold along with the cage. I know this problem would have not happened if i had them.

That was the last picture i took of the budgies.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Are budgies cannibals ? - by SameerluvAnimals - 10-11-2018, 05:04 AM
RE: Are budgies cannibals ? - by Catherine - 10-11-2018, 05:03 PM
RE: Are budgies cannibals ? - by platy - 10-18-2018, 10:37 PM
RE: Are budgies cannibals ? - by Catslave - 10-19-2018, 08:48 AM
RE: Are budgies cannibals ? - by Catherine - 10-19-2018, 01:56 PM