Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs beaten, tied in a bag and tossed in a river in Spain
Quote:This leaves me feeling sick and ashamed to be a human. Yes, there are plenty of good humans - some are rescuing these poor dogs - but the cruel ones make me feel sick physically. I sometimes wonder whether the world wouldn't be better if there were no humans on it.

This situation certainly reveals the worst of humanity. 

Think about it. Dogs that fail to meet expectations are killed cruelly. Dogs that win are killed less cruelly. Whatever the dogs do they will be subject to cruelty.
This should make us feel sick. It is a sick situation. 

Right now humanity could go either way. We have people who are clinging to old cruel ways. We have people who are trying to do good and be humane.
If we don't push forward towards the good, we will settle back into old dark ways. Too many people are oblivious to the issues so we need to make sure they hear about them. Those of us who know must teach those wo do not know.

You raise the issue of whether the world would be better without humans. I think looking at the current global situation we can conclude that nature is also wondering if the world would be better without humans. If we do not change our behavior and continue the illegal wildlife trade we will end up with a virus that will wipe us all out. If we want to survive we have to change.

Should we survive. I think yes. There are many good humans and in the end I think we will outnumber and finally overcome the bad ones.
Think of our dear, absent friend, the Noble Knight. A species that could produce such  fine, gentle person should survive. We just need more people to be like him.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dogs beaten, tied in a bag and tossed in a river in Spain - by Catherine - 08-03-2020, 03:22 PM