The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
France to ban travelling animal shows
The ban will gradually come into effect. It will include travelling animal shows like circuses and things like Dolphin and Orca shows. This also includes a move towards banning mink farming. These actions recognize that animals are not ours to use, but rather creatures to be respected.
The banns will be brought in over a period of years. Eventually these shows and uses of animals will be no more in France.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/france-ban-...s-dolphin/

This is good news. Even if it takes time, it is still a move in the right direction. I just wonder why it has to take so long. Of course whole industries have to change and provisions have to be made for the animals to be looked after. After all that is done, I hope it doesn't take too long. How would it feel to be the last mink slaughtered. Couldn't they have stopped sooner.  
The dolphins and whales need to end up in sanctuaries if they cannot be released to the wild. I doubt any of them can be released. I know it takes time to arrange these things, but it is sad to think of intelligent sea mammals suffering in captivity a minute longer than necessary. 

I hope we soon hear that some of these banns have actually happened.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
France to ban travelling animal shows - by Catherine - 10-01-2020, 02:37 PM