Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog walkers harassed during the lockdown
Quote:Wow, I'm so glad I haven't run into that!  But as things closed down clients were canceling so it was kind of a non-issue.  Rover did ask if I was available for front-line workers and I said yes.  I never got any requests though.
I never thought about how closely this issue effects you. I guess a lot people had to cancel because they are not working.
Everything is so disrupted for all of us. 
I wonder what the front line workers did about their dogs. Maybe they had family members who were not working.

In the early days I was getting harassed just because I was obviously some kind of front line worker. I had more than one person run at me because I was wearing a mask. It is not surprising dog walkers have been harassed. Toronto is pretty tense.

Possible good news is the likelihood that groomers will be able to open. It is a strong maybe. Vets are restricted so having dog groomers look over dogs and cut their claws would be a real help.

When I took Boo Bunny for a pre-neutering check-up I had to hand his carrier in the door and stand outside. If we can do the surgery in Feb. I will be handing his carrier in the door again. I don't like it, but Boo can't wait for this all to end before he is neutered. He is growing up very fast.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog walkers harassed during the lockdown - by Catherine - 01-29-2021, 03:40 PM