Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Reflections
I remember the Christmases of my boyhood. The anticipation of Christmas Eve, the excitement of Christmas morning, the presents, the dinner, the tree, the tinsel, a time of family gatherings ...

The magic has gone now, too many empty chairs ... But its nice to give and its nice to see people happy and making the effort to get along with everyone.

I don't like the material side of it though, or the killing. Millions and millions of birds/animals will be slaughtered. Killed to 'honour' the birth of Christ. It basically amounts to animal sacrifice, something lost on seemingly everyone.
It is supposed to a time of peace and love ...
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
I like to think that everybody stops to think about things and treasure what they have. Sadly the commercial rush overwhelms us.
I always decorate a tree and make things special because it reminds me of the good Christmases I have had over the years.

Oddly my most treasured Christmas was at the end of a very bad year. I lost my job in early December. Nothing was going right. I joined a group who were giving out lunches and gifts to street people. None of us were able to be with family or friends that year. After a long day of giving to those who had even less than we had, we got back to the place that sent us out and found that a full Christmas dinner had been prepared for us. Our funny little group gathered together and had the best time ever. There is still some Christmas Magic in the memory and I cherish it. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

As a child Christmas was magical, but of course the magic wore off as I grew up and it became a time to meet up with family and friends. The magic was revitalised with the arrival of my daughter who is now nearly 18. Winter seems to be a time to lose people to various complaints and Christmas is also tainted with these memories, but once the tree goes up and the family traditions are observed (ie home made treats and things specific to the season for us) then it really does feel magical again.
Here's hoping we all have a Happy Festive season celebrated in whichever way suits us, and a Happy and healthy New Year for all, animals too of course.Heart
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I think the magic is still there in the memories of Christmas magic. We do the things that we do every year and they link us to Christmases past when we were young and it was easy to believe in magic.
This year Toronto is an icy wonderland and it looks like a fairy kingdom. Every thing sparkles and glitters. In my memory Christmas always sparkled and so can the magic be far away.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine