Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Sam
This is Sam. He is a Broken Orange Mini Lop that I bred. My son, Matthew, asked me if he could have him as a pet and he named him Sam. So, when Sam was 8 weeks old I took him out of the shed and moved him into the house to become our house bunny. He is the only mini lop I will be keeping as I have chosen to sell the rest of the lops. With the loss of my husband, things have been a bit too much and I didn't want to get rid of all my rabbits so I decided to keep the Netherland Dwarfs and my guinea pigs and sell the lops. It makes more room and should be easier to maintain the sheds.

[Image: 2014-12-27215729_zpsd98f1fb7.jpg]
[Image: 2014-12-28140747_zps0a97561e.jpg]
[Image: 2014-12-28140751_zpsf65f8d2c.jpg]
[Image: 2014-12-28140817_zpscdaf68cb.jpg]
[Image: 2014-12-28140821_zps8f43cd61.jpg]
[Image: 2014-12-20151102_zps7d128eb9.jpg]
Sam is just a gorgeous little man! Isn't he lovely?
It looks like he is very happy to be with you all in the house. And animals can bring us such comfort through bereavement and anything that hurts. They deal with us heart-to-heart.
Sam is so cute. No wonder your son wanted him. Is there a reason for the name Sam or did he just pick the name because he liked it. I am sure having a house bunny is lots of fun. Is he litter trained and can you free roam him?

Having just the dwarfs and the piggies should be easier. You can only look after so much by yourself. How many guinea pigs and Netherland Dwarfs do you have now? Or is that like how many snakes do I have now...I don't even want to know.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thanks. I'm not sure the reason behind the name Sam, I just asked him what he'd like to name him and he just said Sam. He's not litter trained as yet, he seems to spend more time sleeping in his litter tray than actually pooping in it!

Not totally sure how many Nethies and guinea pigs I've got at the moment. Sadly, I have lost a lot of guinea pigs over the recent weeks, including one today. He looked as if he'd gotten into a serious fight with another pig and came off worse, and because it was the coldest night of the year last night, maybe that finished him off. I do know I want to totally empty the sheds out when the kids go back to school and throw out all rubbish and stuff I just don't use. At the moment it's just upside down in there. I want to focus on breeding again but I need to sort out first.
I'm really sorry one of your piggies passed away today.Heart

I think Sam is a nice name.
It is sad about your losses. I guess a lot of them had reached a certain age. When one goes it seems that a number of them go.
Did the males really fight that badly? I have seen challenges, but never actual fights.

I hear you about the sheds. Sometimes you need to do a makeover. If a space gets too messy you can't do anything with it.
I look forward to hearing about the sheds again and of course about your breeding. You always have the cutest babies.
Catherine

Sam certainly is adorable. I'm sure he will get tons of love and affection in his new home, and you will receive plenty of love and snuggles from him in reutrn.
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Every home should have a snuggle bunny and Sam certainly looks the part.

Good luck with the shed cleaning. I am always working on my storage room. Some day it will be the way I want it. How do we collect so much junk? We all do it even when we are good about getting rid of things. Where does the junk come from? Every time I open the door to the storage room I am surprized at the mess. I keep expecting it to be tidy.Smiley4
Catherine

(01-04-2015, 07:20 PM)Catherine Wrote: Every home should have a snuggle bunny and Sam certainly looks the part.

Good luck with the shed cleaning. I am always working on my storage room. Some day it will be the way I want it. How do we collect so much junk? We all do it even when we are good about getting rid of things. Where does the junk come from? Every time I open the door to the storage room I am surprized at the mess. I keep expecting it to be tidy.Smiley4

It's the Mess Fairy Catherine Smiley4 She's forever coming around here and making a mess.
Quote:It's the Mess Fairy Catherine Smiley4 She's forever coming around here and making a mess.

Ah yes, the Mess fairy. She comes into my place and leaves dirty dishes in my sink. She spills guinea pig hay on the floor and generally puts thing back in the wrong place. It has to be her, I live alone.

I think she sneaks stuff into my place. No matter how much stuff I get rid of, there is always a pile that I don't use and it gets in the way.
She is one busy fairy if she can mess up both of our places. Maybe she has help.Smiley4
Catherine