Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday, LPC!!
Gosh I'm always late, story of my life!

I hope you had the happiest birthday LPC!

My great grandmother is 94 this year, so there is plenty more to come yet!
Thank you very much. My mother is 91 and still going strong....
I look at the years past sixty as the good years when we know what matters. I want to do various types of volunteer work. I can do a little now, but I can expand my involvement to different animal groups and causes once I have a pension. I can also spend more time with my animals.

My Father lived to 94 and his mother to 94. I think we all have reason to hope for long fulfilling lives.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(05-12-2015, 01:02 PM)Catherine Wrote: I look at the years past sixty as the good years when we know what matters. I want to do various types of volunteer work. I can do a little now, but I can expand my involvement to different animal groups and causes once I have a pension. I can also spend more time with my animals.

My Father lived to 94 and his mother to 94. I think we all have reason to hope for long fulfilling lives.

Right now I am the opposite. I've done a lot of volunteer work and now I'm ready to get paid to do what I love hahahaha. If only.
I'll always volunteer. It's incredibly rewarding to see your efforts pay off in the end.
What other groups do you want to volunteer for Catherine?
(05-12-2015, 01:02 PM)Catherine Wrote: I look at the years past sixty as the good years when we know what matters. I want to do various types of volunteer work. I can do a little now, but I can expand my involvement to different animal groups and causes once I have a pension. I can also spend more time with my animals.

I always think it's good for us to have something to look forward to. Those will be good days Catherine. Being retired is great as it frees us up to do other things!

My father's family passed young. My mother's family lived to their 80s and 90s.
A good neighbour of mine -a retired Major, is 87, has seven heart stents in place -and still goes for walks and enjoys life!
Once when out for a walk with Misty in the woods, we met an ancient-looking man (looked at least 95!) -chasing rare butterflies through the undergrowth, to observe them and take photos. He came crashing through the shrubbery -and in order to do that he would have had to climb a steep slope first! He had a mind as sharp as a blade.
I have not seen him since, so maybe he has transferred his butterfly watch to the astral! LOL
Quote: Right now I am the opposite. I've done a lot of volunteer work and now I'm ready to get paid to do what I love hahahaha. If only.
I'll always volunteer. It's incredibly rewarding to see your efforts pay off in the end.
What other groups do you want to volunteer for Catherine?
These are your years to work. I have enjoyed working. Soon it will be time to enjoy retirement.

I think retirement years can be a wonderful time. I already give some time to the Animal Shelter. I would like to give them more time. I want to give time to the Toronto Wildlife centre. There are also various groups planting trees and doing various conservation efforts in my area.

I could also volunteer behind the scenes at a local theatre group or with a local street festival or film festival. Some things would be ongoing commitments and others would be special events.
They do park and river clean-up days and I would love to have more time to do that. I could give time to fundraising events for groups whose work I respect.

I am going to need to live to at least a hundred and I still won't have time for all the things I would like to do.

Tobi, your butterfly hunter makes me feel good about the future. He had a will to live and an interest to keep him going. Perhaps he is out there still.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine