Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart pork supplier cruelty
This is not the first time Walmart pork supplier, Seaboard Foods has been caught treating animals cruelly. Walmart knows its supplier abuses the animals, but it is not taking responsibility. Other big corporations recognize that they are responsible for the actions of the people they pay to provide "products". In this case the so called product was once a live animal. Worse the live animal was mistreated though out its life. It is time Walmart developed a conscience.

http://walmarttorturesanimals.com/

If they won't do it because it is the right thing to do then they should do it because we pressure them into action. We hold the power since their income is a direct result of our willingness to shop at Walmart.

If they don't change then we don't shop. In the mean time, please sign the petition.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Just signed. Fortunately, this company does not have any stores in France. In Europe, the only stronghold is the UK (Asda). To check Walmart stores in your own country, see http://corporate.walmart.com/our-story/o...locations/
The petition is badly organised because it was impossible for me to sign. There was no "UK" option among the countries on the drop-down menu. There was also no "Canada" option.
That's strange, Tobi. I just checked and the UK (listed as United Kingdom) and Canada both appear on the drop-down menu. Just click on "United States" and the drop-down menu for other countries appears.
Thank you LPC! I know exactly what happened. I didn't have my browser page on 'maximum', so although the drop down menu appeared, no way to scroll it appeared! Soon solved. I take back what I said before!
And signed.
I hope our voices can bring about change -quickly!
I think companies are starting to respond to public pressure. They are also realizing that many people care about animals. I never buy food from Walmart, but I buy other products. I can get all of those products elsewhere.

Big companies can no longer ignore us, the shopping public. If Mercy For Animals keeps up their campaign, the public will react. Walmart won't change because they care, but they do care about their profits.
Doing the right thing for the wrong reason is still doing the right thing.
The pigs won't care why they are being treated better.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine