Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Five Animals that can predict earthquakes...maybe
They are not sure, but it seems that some animals react to earthquakes before they happen.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&e...RLtwgPy2GQ

I don't know what it would take to prove the animal's ability. If I lived in an earthquake prone area I would pay attention to the local animals. If all the toads or ants moved I might consider it is good time for a short trip myself.
It may never be possible to "prove" anything, but we all know that animals respond to things better than we do. Birds seem to know when a snow storm is coming in. My snakes all reacted to a very bad storm last week. There was a Tornado spotted outside of the city, but the intensity of the storm was felt all over.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Many humans can already tell when a thunder storm is coming. I can.
It's only a small step to become conscious of other environmental changes which do have signs which arrive first. The problem with humans is they are not always willing to bank everything on 'a feeling', and are not always willing to scarper fast enough. Wild animals need no prompting, and don't care what they are leaving behind.
The ants leaving their ant hill is a real example of that. They face some danger being out like that, but an earthquake would collapse the ant hill and kill them for sure.

I can sense pressure changes in the air because it bothers my inner ear. So a slight dizzy feeling means a low pressure system, which means a storm. If I pay attention to that I know if a storm is coming.

I have noticed birds at feeders in the winter eat frantically before a storm approaches. They know what's coming. I checked the weather channel, but they just know.

No doubt there are changes or things happening just before and earthquake. If we studied the animals we might find out how to predict the earthquake they can sense.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine