Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peta Vs SeaWorld
At a time when we are questioning the whole idea of keeping animals like Orcas in captivity, it seems that SeaWorld is trying to expand its captive Orca program.
Peta has been working to stop them.

http://northerncalifornian.com/content/5...sion-plans

There must be a petition so I am looking for it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

When will Sea World learn? They have to stop what they are doing!!!
They need a good business manager, who can set them in a new direction somehow.....maybe jet-skiing breaks...something else! They would gain a lot of respect from diversifying. No-one needs to be trying to run a business which has a reputation for cruelty.
They could restructure and create a whole new experience. They could set up web cams so we can see the animals live. Many of their locations are on the ocean so the could incorporate natural habitat and set things so people can learn about the ocean as it is instead of silly performing animal shows. Where is the entertainment in watching a stressed animal do ridiculous things.
Catherine

Well, in my opinion, they should think seriously about new ventures now. Because if they don't, they will go bust. Things are changing. Old fashioned thinking just will not work any more. People are becoming educated, and many many people really do care.
The same is true of the fur industry and the tobacco industry. They need to change directions. Some businesses are out of date. It might take a bit of time, but people are rethinking what they will accept.

Keeping whales in tanks bothers people after they have seen the Orcas in the wild.
I hope Peta is able to do something.
Catherine