Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gadhimai Slaughter Banned!
Yesterday it was announced that the mass slaughter of Gadhimai Festival in Nepal is finished, after rigorous negotiations between Animal Welfare Network Nepal and the Temple Trust:

http://www.ciwf.org.uk/news/2015/07/succ...dium=email
I read this late last night in an article that was not well written. So I was not sure I was actually reading that the Gadhimai Slaughter is banned.
If you saw it too them it must be true.

Four years before the next Gadhimai festival they have banned the slaughter!!!!
I don't know whether to cry or laugh or dance or cheer.

This is unbelievable. Compassion and mercy have prevailed over butchery and cruel barbarism.
Do you realize what this means. Cruelty can be overcome. The world can be better. It will have to be fought one cruel event/practice at a time, but victory is possible.

Someday animal cruelty will only be found in history books.
[Image: fireworks.gif]
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Wonderful news! This is a great day! Thanks very much for the update, Tobi (both on this forum and in "another place").
Yes compassion has ruled here over mass slaughter and cruelty. (The animals were not even killed humanely) This has to be as a direct result of public opinion and the very hard work by AWNN. It does show what can be achieved. I would like to read more details about the nature of the negotiations, and will have to look for them later.

Now we have to work on YuLin and BokNal!
Quote:Now we have to work on YuLin and BokNal!

That was my first thought. If public pressure can stop the Gadhimai sacrifice then public pressure can stop the dog eating festivals.

I didn't think it would be stopped so soon. That gives us more time and energy to use elsewhere.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine