Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rare Canadian horse makes a comeback
I did not know we had a National Horse in Canada.
Its history goes back to the beginning of Canada.
Our horse is descended from horses sent by the King of France.

We started in the 17th century with some Arabian, Berber and Andalusian horses from the royal stables. After centuries of cross breeding the original stock they have formed their own breed.

The numbers became very low and they were in danger of being lost, but with work there is now a healthy growing population again. They still need to expand their numbers, but breeders are working on that.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/rare-canadi...-1.2504072

They are beautiful looking horses. They are hard working and polite.
The perfect breed for our National Horse.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It is good to see some effort is being made to keep the bloodline of these lovely horses.
I am delighted to learn that we have a Canadian Horse.
It is really good that people are working to keep them going. They are a fine looking horse breed. The three breeds that they come from are all fine horses. Combined they are strong and graceful.
It is a really important part of Canadian history that these horses were sent here and then they were cross bred because situations changed and they stopped sending horses.

I can't believe I have lived all these years and this is the first time I have heard of a Canadian Horse.
Catherine

Beautiful horses and it's great that they are being preserved. Well done to the breeders concerned.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Some of these heritage breeds are special and should be saved. I am glad there are enough breeders willing to keep them going.
Catherine