Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving
Our Canadian members are celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend. It is essentially harvest time and a good time to reflect on all the good things in our lives.
We don't have a set Canadian tradition for Thanksgiving. I have eaten the "dinner" anywhere from the Friday night to the Monday night. One year I had a dinner invite for each night.

My only real tradition is the pumpkin pie. I will eat lots of good pie for the rest of the month. It just tastes better in October.
[Image: t120006.gif]

However you celebrate it, I hope your Thanksgiving is a happy, safe and peaceful one.
We do have so much to be thankful for.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, there are many things to be grateful for. Our Thanksgiving is the last Thursday of November. I always go to my brothers for a huge feast.
We can't wait that long to celebrate the harvest. It can be snowing in some parts of Canada.

It does get people, friends and family together and that is a good thing. I hope it reminds us of how good things are. We have every reason to be happy.
Catherine

Happy Thanksgiving to all in Canada -and to you Catherine!

I was out -giving some thanks today -and watching a few leaves start to fall....Autumn is here, and we are grateful for the harvest.
The Maples here still need a cold snap though to come out in their blaze of glory!
Yes we do have a lot to be thankful for. Tomorrow (on the day) for the first time we're going out to a restaurant for dinner.
Yes it is beautiful fall weather. A few more days and the maples will be in full glory for you. Our maples are just starting to turn. I must go look at my Japanese Maples. Their colour should be more intense. All the trees I planted last year have survived and done well.

Note to new members: When I turned sixty last year I took time off work and stayed home and planted 3 Japanese Maples and a Cypress. I think that brings my tree count up to ten. For an urban yard that is pretty good.

Enjoy the restaurant dinner Cathie. You can enjoy a good meal and you won't have a kitchen full of dishes to wash later. Sometimes that is the nicest way to do it. And you are contributing to the Canadian economy.

Give thanks now. With the election in ten days who knows how we will feel on the night of the 19th.
Catherine

Thanks Catherine, it will be a nice change.

Your trees sound lovely,

Lets keep our fingers crossed on the 19th, that Harper is gone.
I am eating all my Thanksgiving dinners away from home and I have a clean kitchen. That is something to be thankful for.

I keep planting trees and shrubs. My yard looks a bit like a west coast rain forest. I even have a shady corner that is full of ferns.

Whatever happens on the 19th, at least the phone calls will stop.
I am thankful for that.
Catherine