Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Glitches!
Wow! We're not green any more -we're blue! Angel  I quite like the new look!
Perhaps the white background is a little bright, but the look is clean and simple. I quite like it, too. Catherine can choose her own colour scheme later, if she wishes.
I wonder why the screen freezes when you press "Post reply"? As you say, the post does appear if you refresh the page, or leave it and return.
It didn't freeze for me. Maybe it is one of the small glitches that still need to be worked out.  I had trouble sending a new PM last night. That is why I used to old message to let you know things were fixed.

To get the fix to work, Bock had to go to the default MyBB setting for appearance.  We didn't even have our banner at the top. It was pretty stark. Before we called it a night, Bock put our banner up so it would look like our Forum.  The blue is the MyBB colours.  The layout is clean and simple and there are things that are better. I did a quick look at the control panel. 

I guess I need to think about the colours. The Forum was always green going back to the days when it was an offshoot of a blog.
I kept the tradition. You are right it is very bright. What if the background was a soft colour?  I don't know what can be done and there is no rush. It was more important to get the Forum running again. 

Does everyone prefer the blue?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Catherine, you're the site owner and I'm sure that the rest of us will happily settle for any colour, as long as the forum works. Personally, I would have thought that a very gentle background colour might make reading the text a little easier. It's easy for you to change in the control panel.
Hmmm....again I pressed on "Post reply" and I see a circle going round and round for ever. I can only get rid of it by refreshing the page.

This only seems to happen with "Quick reply" and if I edit the post it goes through straight away.
I 'm happy to say that I haven't had any problems.
test
I have never used quick reply and I didn't know I could change the background colour.  It would be better if it was a softer colour. Stark white is hard on the eyes.
I still think I want to go back to the traditional Animal Lovers green. It could be different shades of green. I have a colour chart I can look at and send reference numbers to Bock. We have an 8 year tradition and I still value our roots. We are a different forum now, but we were born from the old one. It was a fun site until the spammers became such a problem.  I think that is why we are so spam conscious now. I ban spam IPs before they can even register.

The important thing is that we are up and running. Everything else can be sorted out.

LPC, I did eventually get your emails, but my email inbox went through an "upgrade" and I am having trouble with it. It is a mess and I am sure I can fix it when I get all the setting right, but for now I can't see the whole email at once. There was no reason to change it, but I sure wasn't asked.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Pale peach colour would be nice....or a very light bluey-green? That would contrast with the bright blue....

Yes LPC I get the 'replies to threads' hanging -or appearing to hang too. But every time the post goes through very well. I just return to the thread and there it is. But that 'hanging' can be off-putting. On some forums it could result in multiple posts, but at least here there is a notice which displays to say the post has already been added.