Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Beaver Drop
I am reposting this because I accidently deleted it while editing.

This is the craziest thing I have ever hear of. I can't believe they did it, but it did work.

They dropped Beavers by parachute into remote areas where they were needed for water management.
The beavers did their job and they survive the crazy delivery method.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2294979/long-l...27fe99eb3e

This was done in 1950 so the whole focus is on Beavers as fur. In fact they saw them as fur, not live animals to be respected.
I find the attitude horrible, but interesting that they realized that they needed beavers for water conservation even back then.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It really is good that our thinking has radically changed since 1950. And that is not so very long ago....within my lifetime. We (generally) have evolved a lot since then, and many of us are horrified now at what was quite normal then.
Hopefully it will not be long before people generally look back and see the horrors of factory farming and animal transportation etc....and be shocked that we could ever have let such things happen to animals. Let's hope that day will not be far off.
How can we have been so forward thinking to know that beavers are essential to water management in the 1950s and yet be so far behind in our treatment of farm animals now.

We treat farm animals worse now than in the 1950s don't we?  We are inconsistent in how we treat animals. We go to extremes.
Some animals are over pampered(dogs in designer coats) and others are raised cruelly and killed painfully.

When we learn to be steady in our approach animals will be safer from us.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine