Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheel chair guinea pig
Smile 
Now I have heard everything.  There is a guinea pig with a wheel chair!

Two abandoned guinea pigs were found on the side of the road.  Sadly, Estella had been damaged and her back legs cannot be fixed.  She has done well, but she can't walk. So a special wheel chair was made for her, funded by donations. Who wouldn't donate to buy a wheel chair for a guinea pig.

http://popdust.com/2015/10/29/paralyzed-...ir/#slide1

Isn't it amazing. Amazing that they created a wheel chair for a piggie and amazing that that the piggie has learned to use it.

They are both the cutest piggies, but little Estella is so adorable with her wheels.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is such a nice story, so glad they got help.
It is incredible that they were able to produce a wheel chair for a guinea pig. She seems to like it.  Handicapped pets do very well with a little help.
Catherine

I am so glad to hear someone made a wheelchair for Estella! I am a great believer in "animals on wheels" and animal prosthetics. They really don't care so long as they are not in pain. It allows them to live a happy normal life.

What a sweet little Piggie!
She seems quite happy the way she is.

Animals are so adaptable. I wish people would learn from them. We get a minor issue and we refuse to walk or even try. That little piggie doesn't know why she can't walk, but she is happy to use wheels.
Catherine

Yes, they just get on with it. They don't waste time and energy immersed in self pity.

I had a very sore foot the last 2 days, but my head wanted a walk even though my foot didn't. So I went for a walk. After a while my foot hardly hurt at all! I was glad I went.
Sometimes just getting going is enough to make us feel better. The body can over-ride small aches and pains. Walking was probably what your foot needed. If nothing else a good walk would make you forget that your foot hurt.

I think much of being well or sick is in our minds. Animals do not know that they are not well so they just keep going.

The sight of a guinea pig in a wheel chair would be so cute.
Catherine

This is just wonderful. Piggies do just get on with things the way they are, but how great is it to be able to make things easier for them. She seems to have adapted very well.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I would never have thought of a wheel chair for a guinea pig. They seem to manage no matter what. She uses her little chair. It is cute how she does that.
Catherine