Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mia's IMT
So it been a few weeks. Mia went down to 1/4 a pill of pred twice a day with the 2 stomach protectors and she's also on an antibiotic. Her regular vet wants her to stay on an antibiotic until she is off the pred. Mia went a week or so with the 1/4 pred twice a day and about 3 days ago we took it down to 1/4 once a day still on the antibiotic and the 2 stomach protectors. So far so good. I think she just needed to be on the antibiotic while she comes off the pred to kinda regulate it.
The only weird side effect is she's losing hair on her legs around what would be her ankles. I'm thinking it's a side effect of all the meds she's on so I hope once she's off all of them the hair will grow back. She looks really weird with patches of hair missing from her legs.
She's getting back to normal hyper-neurotic-obsessive self. She plays now, and often. There for a while she just wanted to sleep and lay around. Her muscle is coming back little by little. From no activity she had gone from super muscular to flabby. Now she has some fat she needs to work off. The pred makes her want to eat all the time and from all the off days around Christmas and new years my mom had been feeding all the dogs a little too many treats. over all I'm positive by next week we will have her down to 1/4 pred every other day. I'm excited. Things are looking good.
I'm so glad Mia seems to be improving.
I think you're right, that Prednisone can cause hair loss. But I am sure that will be temporary., and grow back when she comes off the medication. I hope so anyway.
Big hug from me Mia!
How is Mia doing? I hope she is feeling better and her meds are sorted out.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(01-25-2014, 02:51 PM)Catherine Wrote: How is Mia doing? I hope she is feeling better and her meds are sorted out.

She's doing well. There has been some flair up with her eyes getting red but we have eye drops to help. We are washing her feet more often to keep them clean if she gets cuts. She still has balding spots on her wrists and ankles that I looked up and it sounds like it's from the Prednisone. So it should start to clear up after she is completely off. I think we have one more week of her being on 1/4 every other day then she will go down to 1/4 every 2 days. I'm hopeful!
Fantastic. Good for Mia and good for you. It is amazing how well you have done with her. It will be good when she is off the Prednisone. It is a serious drug. I might help, but it does have side effects.

I hope you can keep Mia in remission for good long time.
Catherine

(01-27-2014, 10:47 AM)Catherine Wrote: Fantastic. Good for Mia and good for you. It is amazing how well you have done with her. It will be good when she is off the Prednisone. It is a serious drug. I might help, but it does have side effects.

I hope you can keep Mia in remission for good long time.

Yes I hope that as long as we keep her clean and check her regularly that we will never have to go though this again! It been a horrible experience. The main vet has been a blessing though. If it wasn't for her I think we would have gone though an even tougher time trying to get everything straitened out. She's the one that, even after we saw the crazy vet tried to tell us her nail needed to be cut off, agreed with us. Then later when I said I think she needs to be on an antibiotic while she goes off the pred she agreed with me again. And Mia has been doing great. She back to playing and acting like a nut.
That is such good news. I hope your good vet continues to work with Mia. She seems to know what she is doing and clearly Mia is doing better. It is always good to trust your instinct with regards to your pets.
Catherine