Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presents for pets
Just in case you haven't shopped for your pets here are some ideas that I am sure your pet would love to have.
No seriously, what dog can live without a bow tie?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/holi...e27750834/

I notice they didn't have any gift suggestions for guinea pigs, lizards or snakes. I feel left out.
I will have to settle for Netflix socks.
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/fall-asleep-w...your-spot/
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Aww! I am surprised there are no gift suggestions for reptiles or for Guinea Pigs. It seems one has to think up one's own gifts for them.
I think lizards and snakes would like some driftwood branches to explore....and Guinea Pigs might like a new bag of hay! But it's a pity the stores can't come up with some items for them.

I used to get Christmas presents for Toby. He usually got a "New Squeaker" He would 'rat' it to death in two minutes flat, tear it apart and then I would have to throw it away. I would have to stand guard over him every second to make sure he ddn't get any pieces in his mouth, and would have to take out the little metal squeaker as soon as he bit into the toy.

Misty didn't care for Squeakers. The only interest she showed in them was occasionally, when she would mother them and carry them up to bed. But two were enough for her. Nor did she care for anything to wear, and she already had two coats.
It sounds terribly sad, but I never used to buy her any Christmas presents! She didn't care two hoots!

But there were two things I always did for her at Christmas. I always took her on her favourite walk in a big woods. A three-hour trek which she loved. And when we got home I cooked her a very special dinner.
I am sure Misty and most of our pets would rather spend time with us and have a special dinner.

I give my snakes and lizards new logs and tank makeovers every year. This year is more of a cleanup year. Last year I did some  serious rearranging and redecorating.  Some of the new logs are not real wood. My neighbour cut down an old grape vine. He is saving the wood for me.  I need to measure and find just the right log for the baby beardies. Martin the Black rat snakes needs a new log. He likes to climb so I want something he can sleep on at different levels.

I already bought the guinea pigs the Big Box of Hay. They love seeing a box so big all full of hay.

They have no necks so they don't look good in bow ties anyhow.  Snakes have very long necks and bow ties don't work well for them either.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine