Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet sitter has stroke--can't remember where the pets are
You have sent a constructive suggestion, Tobi. Let's hope someone takes it seriously.
(01-06-2016, 10:16 PM)LPC Wrote: You have sent a constructive suggestion, Tobi. Let's hope someone takes it seriously.

Well it was a very good idea of yours, LPC. I would not have thought of it!
I honestly do hope they take it seriously too, and if so, that there are good results.
I've seen people be hypnotized in a class I took once. They are able to do regression to go back in time with some individuals. Not everyone can be hypnotized but I hope this person can be.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I went for a few sessions of hypnotherapy for a phobia. Actually we worked on things that made me anxious.

One session on the actual phobia was enough to cure it. It seems I hypnotize very easily and I come out of it very well.

Can you guess the phobia? Hint: I have one now.

I haven't heard and news yet. Surely the people will be back soon. The animals could manage without food, but water would be a problem. A full dish of water would last for days. I hope this all turns out okay.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

....Surely not snakes, Catherine?
If so, that hypnotherapist -and you -did a grand job! and Heart Heart Heart of course!

I have been concerned about that cat and dog all day. I have heard no more news. I find it strange that no-one could contact those people. Maybe they were on a tour and no one knew their itinerary. I find it strange that they did not share their 'holiday' info. with anyone they know; at least vaguely. Many people do. It is not that difficult to contact people if someone has a mind to. I once located an exact hotel where someone I knew was staying. Yet all I was told was that they had gone "North of the Border" (meaning Scottish territory.) And that was in the pre-internet days. Mind you, it took a number of phone calls and a lot of deduction!
No, not snakes, but close. That would have taken more than one session considering how I love snakes now.
I had a terrible phobia of Arachnids(any spider, even a picture of a spider) and it was making life difficult. After all there are spiders everywhere. 
One session cured the phobia and I am left fascinated by spiders. I even have Oscar the tarantula.  I think hypnosis works.

I have found no new news about the cat and dog.

Some people just don't talk to their neighbours and let them know their plans. We have a very private neighbour. He has never said hello to anyone. Sadly when he had a stroke he lay on the floor for days before family called him and got worried. It is not that we didn't care. We knew so little about him that we didn't know he was in trouble. He wasn't missed because he made a point of not connecting with anyone. Sadly the stroke did more damage because he didn't get medical care right away.

Privacy is fine, but it is good to have some connections.

Clearly the pet sitter and the pet owners have been too private.
I hope the pets are okay. Even if they are a little scared and hungry they could still be okay.
Catherine

I have neighbours who go away for a month and they do not contact me. I can text them if I need to or I can call the daughter. The daughter is near enough for a phone call, but still hundreds of miles away. I called her once during a sudden cold spell to find out how to turn the furnace on. We all have contact info. I have it marked on my calendar and other people in the neighbourhood know I am cat sitting. At least one person would take over if I became very sick.

I just think that is good planning. Anything could happen.

This story is proof that anything did happen. No one could predict a stroke like that. I just wish they had planned better.
Catherine

Yes, it would be good if they had been in contact, then they would know something is wrong. I hope the cat and dog will be alright.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I still have no news. I will keep looking.
Catherine