Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Allowance Kitten
The Road Allowance Kitten is a new children's book. It uses the story of a kitten to tell the story of the Metis people in western Canada after the North West Rebellion.
Knowing that people like stories about kittens and children especially like stories about kittens, the author hopes to present history through this kitten.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/...-1.3408801

This is a little known history and presenting it as a children's book about a kitten is a way of telling the story so it will be heard.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I think the author had a good idea!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I am hoping I can find the book at the library. Any story with a kitten in it is popular. I would also like to read the history he is presenting. It is about my part of the world.
Catherine

That sounds really nice to learn history that way. My brother loves all kinds of history. He went back to college after retiring and got a history degree. He wished he had been into that as a career instead of being a lawyer for all those years.

History is interesting. I am glad your brother got a chance to study it even if he was older.  

I like the idea of understanding the history of my birth area. This book would go into details that regular classes might not cover. After all, if he is detailing the life of a kitten then he is showing us what life was like for people as well.

My grandmother grew up around that time and area.
Catherine

That's really cool! Is your grandmother still alive?

My Grandmother was born in 1882 so she has been gone  since 1975. She still lived a good long life and she could tell stories of the world before electricity and indoor plumbing. Her parents predated Canada becoming a country. So much history in one lifetime.  My grandmother didn't get the right to vote until she was 34, 100 years ago today.
Catherine