Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaza Zoos in Crisis
We talked about the Gaza zoo during the 2014 war. Things were bad then. Now it seems that there are a number of zoos in Gaza and they are all in trouble and the animals are suffering.

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/features/...5c233.html

Are there no international animal welfare groups that could intervene? There are not a lot of animals involved. Surely they could be accommodated by animal sanctuaries or rescues.  These poor animals have now suffered for years. It seems unbelievable that they could be left to starve to death.
It is shocking. Of course these are private zoos and there are seldom any regulations protecting the animals in such places.

I hope someone does something while there is still time.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's hard to believe that this is still going on. It seems like years since this first came to light and the animals are still suffering. There must be some international agency that should be taking responsibility for this. it's hard to believe that in the 21st century this sort of thing can go on for so long.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
That is really sad. I have seen other places too where the animals are starving and held in cages too small for them. I, too, hope someone will help them all.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Maybe the first step to getting help is making it public like this. Once enough people know about it then the right person who can help should be able to get involved.

There are rescue groups and sanctuaries. I don't understand why the animals were not removed as soon as the war ended.
Clearly the region was not going to be stable for a long time.
Catherine

It is appauling what people allow animals to go through! Yes, making it publicly known is a big nessessity for the animals to be rescued.

Those poor animals have been through so much. I hope rescue comes soon. Even if someone could get food to them it would help.  War should not interfere with animal care. Yet another reason why war is not a good idea.
Catherine

War is a bad idea in so many ways and the animals end up being deserted, it's awful. I wish I could do something to help.

All the zoo animals in Gaza have been in a crisis state for years now. I wonder if any rescue groups can get into the reagon and I wonder if they would be allowed to remove animals.
Catherine