Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you like to wake up to...a what?
A 99 year old woman in Florida woke up to find a strange creature sleeping on her chest.
I do mean strange. I took a while to figure out what it is.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I thought maybe it was some kind of Loris. I never thought of a kinkajou. It had to be an escaped pet. It was tame enough to sleep on her and they are not native to Florida.

It is a funny little creature. I do hope it is safely reunited with its people or at least placed where it will get the right care.
It is kind of cute.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Aw it's so cute!! I would want to keep it as a pet lol But I know he/she belongs in it's natural habitat so I would call in for help as well after enjoying having it lay on me for awhile LOL
What a delightful animal! S/he should be in his natural environnment, but I suppose if s/he is already domesticated then the best thing is to go back where s/he came from. The lying on a lady's tummy is a sure sign of feeling comfortable with people, of being a pet.
Can you imagine her surprize when she saw what was snuggling her.

It is clearly someone's pet. I don't know if it can be returned, but it can be provided for.
Catherine

That would be a shock to wake up to! But what a sweet creature. It found a warm place to snuggle, bless it.
Animals are great at finding a warm place to sleep. A strange bed is better than no bed.

Too bad the lady didn't share the idea. After all a strange pet is better than no pet at all.
Catherine

I've never seen a creature like that before. He is cute! He must be someone's pet.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
They figure he was an escaped pet. He certainly isn't native to the area. I think it is funny that he climbed into bed with her.
He just wanted a warm safe place to sleep. Too bad she was scared of him. I don't know what I would have done, but I wouldn't have left my window open without a screen.
Catherine