Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mali's Elephants may be extinct in 3 years
Because of militant poachers making money off of killing elephants they may be extinct in the next 3 years. Confused  Here is the link to the story:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2...hree-years

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
This is so sad. There have been an alarming number of elephant deaths this year already. If it keeps up like that it may be less than three years.

I sense the Mali government does not really have the will to stop the elephant poaching. If they did they would move quickly to protect the elephants.

Wildlife poaching should be declared a crime against the planet with suitable penalties.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I agree about the crime against the planet. I hope the Mali govt. will step in and stop this atrosity.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Maybe there need to be actual sanctions against countries that allow poachers, hunters and any other group to destroy a species or damage the environment. We need to react as seriously as the issue deserves.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine