Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Charter billboard campaign
Imagine my surprise when I was riding home on the bus on a major road and looked up to see a series of billboards about animals and how we treat them.
I have not heard of the animal charter, but it seems that this is a Canadian campaign.
There is a petition to sign, so please sign it.

http://www.animalcharter.ca/

They must be fairly organized if they raised enough money to put up that many billboards.

There may be others in the city. I will see if I can find out.  (There are more)

The group running the campaign is called Animal Justice.  They are the group that fought against the African Trophy Hunting Expo and got it banned from certain venues.

http://www.animaljustice.ca/

The billboards are well done. It is a very well thought out campaign. I wonder what kind of reaction it will get.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is very good news. I wish they would care so much here to have a campaign for animals! Signed.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I am sure they want to spread campaigns like this to other cities. They were smart to choose Toronto and Vancouver. They can reach large numbers of people very quickly.

Animals Australia has done some powerful billboard campaigns too.

People try to ignore them, but the ideas stick in your mind.
Catherine

This is very good news Catherine. Those billboards throughout the cities should move people. I was personally moved by the very first two pictures which came on when I clicked on their site. "To you it's bacon....to her, it's a life of suffering."

I do hope many people will be moved to think and realise what is happening, and how they can change those things.
I saw the bacon one first. I was still looking up and staring when I saw the one about the fur trim being a death sentence.
I made a point of looking at who sponsored the other two when I passed them. I looked them up as soon as I got home.

Even if people reject the message and are angry about the campaign, the message will stick in the brain. Every time they go to eat bacon they will remember that it is a life of suffering for the pig.

It is a powerful campaign and I look forward to hearing what people think of it. Somehow there will be a reaction. Even a negative reaction is a good one. When someone condemns a message like this they actually do the cause more good. Someone who defends animal cruelty is often the one who convinces people that animal cruelty is wrong.
Catherine