Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elderly dog adopted after letter from owner published
Roofus is where he belongs now. How sad that his original family had to give him up. They clearly loved him dearly. At the shelter he would have been well cared for but it's never the same as a family of your own. And 5 years is a very long time, thank goodness they didn't PTS.
Are most shelters non kill now?
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I don't know if most shelters are non kill but I know more are becoming that way.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think many of the shelters are non kill. Those that aren't are working towards it. I think there are less that routinely kill unwanted pets.  They try to transfer them to other shelters rather than put them down. It is not perfect, but it is not like the old days.

Roofus could have been transferred to a special old dog shelter. I know there are some groups that specialize.

Five years in a shelter is a long time. I hope Roofus has lots of good years left.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, I hope Roofus will have a great remainder of his life.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
That's fantastic. I've always loved older dogs. They have this wisdom about them. So glad he was finally able to find a home
There is something special about adopting an older pet. I have done it with guinea pigs. We have such a short time together, but it is always a wonderful time.

Roofus deserves the best and I hope he got it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine