Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Bill of Rights
On this  page there is a way to sign your name for the animal bill of rights.  This organization is trying very hard for legal right for animals Heart :

http://aldf.org/

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I signed it and I hope to keep an eye on their site. I think they are doing good things.

There is such a strong movement towards animal rights. It is only a matter of time before we get results.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I agree. I never even heard of animals getting legal rights before I saw this group a few years ago. They are doing wonderful work.

It is going to take time and I don't know what kind of rights animals will get, but there will be something. On some level animals will be recognized as being sentient. Once that happens then they will be entitled to some legal protection.

The groups that are working on this will keep pushing and they should be able to shape the kind of rights that animals get.
Every time they take on a case it is exciting to watch it unfold.
Catherine

Yes, it is wonderful to see what these groups do for the animals. I don't know what sentient means. I see it all the time but still don't know.

Put very simply, sentience is being aware.  You feel, perceive and experience subjectively.

I think of it as being aware of your own existence. You feel things and you know that you feel things.
A rock is cold. That is it, the rock is cold. I am cold, I know that I am cold. I know that I don't like being cold. I might even be able to do something about it. But first, I know that I am cold.

We can't deny that animals are aware. Most people will at least admit that they can feel.
Catherine

Yes many will admit they can feel but it is more common for women still. Many men were taught as children not to cry and be a man and all that junk. Thanks for the definition of sentient.

I think we will find that most if not all animal life will fit the definition of sentient. Once we admit that we will have to change how we treat animals.
Catherine