Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please boycott leather
If anyone loves animals, please do not buy leather goods.
The skins could come from pigs, sheep or cows, after they have been slaughtered for meat anyway (bad enough really!) ....and it could come from China, where the most dreadful, indescribable abuse, and the most horrible deaths are caused to DOGS AND CATS  for their skins to make gloves, belts and other luxury leather items.
There is no way of telling what animal it came from as the skins are often purposely mis-labelled.

I will not describe the way those dogs are treated, and the hellish conditions, and manner of their deaths. That would be too upsetting for members and guests.

I never realised this years ago, when I bought soft leather items. I didn't know. And didn't think about it.
I guess many people are in the same position. It is easy to imagine the skins come from animals slaughtered humanely for meat.....and maybe there is nothing we can do about it? So we might as well use their skins??
We must boycott leather! Dogs and cats are being slaughtered in the most horrendous ways, and sometimes even stolen from loving owners in China and the far East to fuel this trade!
I am not going to buy any more leather. I have seen videos of what they do to dogs in China. I could't get the images of that out of my mind for a long time. I bought a purse that was not leather.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Tobi, I stopped buying leather years ago when I became a vegetarian.
I think we are all trying hard to find leather alternatives.

I hope any guests reading this will be influenced to avoid leather.

The way they kill the animals is horrible. When they use reptile skins it is even worse. They can't even be bothered to kill them and it can take days for a skinned reptile to die.

The whole industry is terrible. The only way we can influence it is to boycott it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine