Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coyote vest
Sadly the coyote vest creator lost his own dog to a coyote attack.  He decided to create something a dog could wear as protection.
The vest is different looking and they are still working on it, but the idea is good. Some areas are having a problem with cototes attacking pets. The vest would allow the pet protection without hurting the coyote.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

The dog does look cute and little dogs are vulnerable to coyotes.  I think the guy showed real ingenuity and initiative.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Very good story. The coyote vest is a real good idea. I know coyotes are a problem in certain areas of the US. I don't think we have many where I live.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
In a lot of places pets and coyotes are clashing with unfortunate consequences.  The vest may be a solution.

The idea of looking weird works for some caterpillars. It should work for a small dog.
Catherine

Yes, that vest is a very good idea. I've never seen a coyote in my area yet. I don't have a yard for Suzy to run in so I take her for walks.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Some areas have a serious coyote problem. People are warned to be careful of their pets. They still put them outside at night and sometimes the pet is killed by the coyotes. It is their natural hunting instinct.
Walking a small dog off leash at night when their are coyotes around seems very dangerous.

A vest like this would provide some protection. Of course the person has to remember to put the vest on the dog.
Catherine