Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy And Safe Easter Everyone.
(03-26-2016, 06:20 PM)LPC Wrote: A very happy Easter to all members and visitors! You don't have to be religious to wonder at and deeply appreciate the joy of this festival: suffering and sacrifice is ended and new life, new hope enters anew into the human spirit!

A very happy holiday to you all! Last year, we had a lamb born on easter morning! Do you remember, Catherine and Tobi? We now only have alpacas, but I'm sure that we will find them an Easter treat...

A wonderful interpretation of the meaning of Easter, LPC! And so true as life returns with the Spring.
(Although I am wondering about that....as raging gales here and lashing rain -so bad it's impossible to get out! LOL)

Yes I do remember the lamb born on Easter morning last year. I am sure that whatever you both give the Alpacas for their treat will be very much appreciated!
Misty used to get a couple of scrambled eggs for Easter breakfast! Which she enjoyed.
I do remember the lamb being born. You are right Easter is about believing in new life and hope. After the dark of winter we believe the light and new growth will happen.

We have had an ice storm which coated everything. My little crocus flowers were encased in ice. Now that the sun has touched them, the ice has melted and they are beautiful flowers again. Death and rebirth right there before my eyes. Gardeners are in touch with the message because we see it every year.

Ruth I am fine with being without family. I was born to older parents so I always knew that I would be without them when I reached my age. I chose not to marry and have family so I always knew there would be no next generation.  I have people I am close to and I join them often enough. I have made choices to be where I am now and I am happy with what I have.

Sometimes it is nice to spend a special holiday with lots of people and celebration. Sometimes it is nice to be alone and reflect on what the holiday means. I am okay either way.

I wish the rest of you will have the day that you want and need the most.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm glad you have some friends to be with and that you are fine alone. I am alone a lot. I hardly go out except for groceries and to put gas in the car and take Suzy out. People get on my nerves and I really like animals more than people. I hope that doesn't sound mean but I have been through so much abuse in my life by people that I don't hardly trust anyone. Animals are great and they aren't vindictive. Suzy is just wonderful and so are my parakeets. I love my little family. I think everyone at this forum is very special compared to others in this world and am so glad I am here with you all.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
We are brought together because we all love animals.  That gives us a special bond.  Often the people around us don't share our values and interests. I am glad our little community of animal lovers can make you and others feel welcome.

When you love animals you have the bonds you form with your own animals and the bonds you form with the people you know who love their own animals. It makes the world a less lonely place when we know there are people who know us who share our views.

So a big hug to everyone in the ALWF community and Happy Easter to you all.
Catherine

That's so true Catherine. I went to my sister n laws brother's house and he had a place setting for Suzy at the table! I thought that was wonderful. My sister n law thought it was ridiculous. She isn't an animal lover. But her brother is. Suzy jumped up into the chair next to me at the dinner table. She was more comfortable when she jumped down onto the floor, though. I sort of wonder if my sister n law's comment effected Suzy. I hope not.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
That was really sweet of him to do that. He recognizes how much Suzy means to you.
Catherine

(03-27-2016, 02:24 PM)Ruth Wrote: Animals are great and they aren't vindictive.  Suzy is just wonderful and so are my parakeets.  I love my little family.  I think everyone at this forum is very special compared to others in this world and am so glad I am here with you all.

Like button