Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animals in the news last week
There are always news stories about animals. I found a set of stories from last week. Some are happier than others. They are all interesting.

I love the guinea pig getting first aid after a rescue from a house fire.
http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I hope they find the missing baby swans. Cygnets that young need to be with their mother.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I feel sorry for that alligator that another alligator ate. I wonder why that happened. Is that normal for alligators to do?

I like a lot of those stories. Thanks for sharing them Catherine. Smile

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I went back and watched the alligator video again. The small alligator is already dead. We don't see the big one kill him so we don't know what happened. I think it is just a meal of opportunity and there is no proof that the large alligator did anything at all. We just assume what happened.

I do love animal stories like these ones. The guinea pig looks so cute.
Catherine

Oh dear! It is very mean of those Gators to eat their own kith and kin! I never realised they could be cannibals.

That Guinea Pig deserves the oxygen just as anyone would. I hope it recovered quickly. Bless the firefighters for giving it the best care.

Nobody should steal wildlife like that. They have done so much damage. Very young creatures need their parents. That is like stealing a two year old toddler from its mother! I hope who did that will learn better.
Most animals will eat the dead and the big gator is really just cleaning up. I don't think he killed the younger gator.

I do hope they get the cygnets back. They wouldn't do well without their mother to care for them.

Many fire departments have little oxygen masks that could fit a guinea pig. In the old days they wanted to help, but didn't have the equipment. All  over fire departments are getting the right equipment to help little animals. I hope the piggie recovered his ordeal.
Catherine