Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing Moms: Love and Lessons from the Animal Kingdom.
First let me say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. That includes those of you who serve as mothers to other people's children or act as moms to the various animals in your lives.

This book,  Amazing Moms: Love and Lessons from the Animal Kingdom. sounds very interesting. I think animals are great mothers. I wouldn't begin to decide which mothers are the best. They all do what they can.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Large or small, moms do what it takes to raise their young.  All moms everywhere deserve the recognition on this special day.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Happy Mothers Day to everyone.
(I think we had ours some weeks back earlier in the Spring, in March I think.)

About 99.99% of the time animals make good mothers. They don't need any training, agony aunt columns, magazine articles, mother and baby classes....etc. They just do it.

Sadly there are a few rarer cases of an animal rejecting its young, but that is unusual.
If this happens with anyone who has an animal companion who has just given birth, then consult the vet as a shot of Oxytocin will most often solve the problem quickly.
Animals are usually the best moms ever. Some of them do incredible things for their children.  There are even reptiles that are great moms.

Even the snakes that lay eggs choose a spot carefully and try to give their babies the best start in life.

Over the years I have seen few cases of animals rejecting their young. Usually there is a reason.

Even  cockroaches are good mothers.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine