Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dangers of smoking for cats.
There are lots of studies about the effects of smoking on humans. There are even studies about the effects of second hand smoke on non smoking humans.
Now they are looking at the effects of smoking on our cats.

https://youtu.be/tLtschJxRy8

I think the name catmagedon is appropriate. I wonder how many cat lives were cut short by second hand smoke.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It makes sense that what is unhealthy for "us" would also be unhealthy for our pets, as I'm sure other animals would also be affected by second hand smoke.
The video about the dangers of smoking for cats is part of a set. I watched a number of them and they are well done.

It is so well documented that tobacco is dangerous. It is probably even dangerous for our houseplants.

I think this is a new anti smoking campaign. I don't know if we have ever really thought about the dangers for our pets.
Catherine

That's a neat little video!

We absolutely shouldn't smoke where there are animals -in an indoor environment, and not even where they will breathe our smoke if we are outside. They are all sensitive to smoke.
For people who smoke, it's not too hard to nip outside, or to find some other alternative (such as through the bathroom window!) It's just about love and respect for our companions!
We wouldn't breathe smoke in a baby's face, so we shouldn't do it to our pets.
It is sad to think of cats dying of cancers caused by smoking. Smoking is a dangerous choice and I don't think we have a right to make that choice for our pets.

Did you look at any of the other videos?  The dog one is good as well.
Catherine

You are right. We shouldn't choose for our pets to breathe smoke. If we want to, then that's our choice, but not to push it onto them.
Animal companions have to 'have what they get' with their humans, and are completely dependent on us. They have no choice but to share our lifestyles with us. So we have a responsibility towards them.
I think we have a responsibility to give our pets a healthy environment and that does mean smoke free. 

I think we also have a responsibility to stay healthy for our pets. They are not going to like it if we get sick.
Catherine