Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meet Forgy!
Smiley4Let's hope you don't get mixed up and the wedding gift turns out to be a bunch of carrots and two cabbages! 79
Quote:[Image: smiley4.gif]Let's hope you don't get mixed up and the wedding gift turns out to be a bunch of carrots and two cabbages! [Image: 79.gif]
That could be a problem. Although we do have such good produce here in Toronto that they might like the carrots if they were fresh and perhaps special heirloom carrots.

I know the heirloom tomatoes that my neighbour gave me were the best tomatoes I have ever eaten.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Gosh I wouldn't mind finding some of those.
In UK the best tomatoes I have eaten in a long time occurred about 2014 I think. They were not expensive organic ones....they were not tomatoes on the vine... They were supermarket special offer cheap, packaged in plastic and all very bad signs. Yet they were more like the old fashioned ones my grandad used to grow. Best flavour and juiciness. They were imported from Poland.

You know what? If I were in love and getting married, I would be happy as heck to get a bunch of carrots and two cabbages as a present!

(Sorry Forgy. Catherine and I are starting to get obsessed about food and have gone a bit off-topic!)
We seem to drift off into food very quickly. Those tomatoes were probably grown in an actual garden.
I would think a food basket would be a very good gift. I did get a  basket of herbs and spices one Christmas and it was a VERY welcome gift.

I am sure if we discuss dog food Forgy will be happy with us. So what is Forgy's favourite food?
Catherine

Forgy likes most food - what we're eating, or dog food. The only thing he doesn't like is kibble (called "dried dog food" in the UK and "cracottes" in France). I think he was given economical cracottes at the refuge - where he stayed for three months prior to coming to us - so he can't stand them now, even superior quality. I recently got him some vegan dog food, which has lots of added vitamins and minerals - and he loves that (in the wet food format). But I'm not sure whether I will put him on a totally vegan diet straight away. He needs to adapt slowly. Plus my mother eats fish and often leaves some - so rather than throw it away, he might as well have it (and he does love it, although we have to check for bones carefully).
Fish will be very good for him. Yes fishbones are no good to eat....too spiky, dear Forgy! They are good boiled up though to make stock or jelly to add to the food, and full of nutrients.

Actually, dried food is not such a great idea for dogs and cats. It can dehydrate them. I used to get a very special dry food for Misty which I used to add to her cooked meat/veg/fish which always contained some juices from cooking or gravy. It actually smelled really good, and a bit like marmite! She liked it and liked to crunch on it, or I'd give her a few as an evening treat with some apple. But some people only give dry food, which isn't too healthy.

I can't blame Forgy for not liking it. I can imagine it was real 'hard tack' at the shelter. He would only eat it because he had to I suppose.

The vegan food sounds interesting. I imagine it contains all that a dog will need, and no additional supplement is needed. It will be a very healthy food. If I had known at the time, I would have tried Misty with it. (gradually mixing it with her ordinary food.)
Kibble as a steady diet does seem a little rough. It is good to leave out as a snack because it doesn't spoil. As a steady diet it leaves a lot to be desired. 
I agree with Forgy. I boarded once and ate stewed rhubarb daily and  now I will not eat it.

Fish would be good. You must get good fish where you are. I am sure it will be good for Forgy.
I would love to give him a big snuggle. He looks so hug-able.
Catherine

So how is Forgy now? I bet he is enjoying his exploration of your garden, and nearby walkies!

Bless him!
You must be having a wonderful summer together. After months of waiting Forgy has room to run and people to share his life with. You have the fun of living with a beautiful dog like Forgy. Everybody wins.
Catherine