Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bel Mooney's new book - and the follow-up article
As the Rainbow Bridge section of the forum is really for memorials of beloved pets, I have put this thread here, especially as it is about an article in a newspaper. A friend from the UK recently sent me a link to this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...wners.html

There are lots of interesting personal experiences described in the article, of pets who have passed making their continued existence known. The comments at the end (which usually I avoid) are interesting, too.
That is a lovely heart-warming and fascinating article. Thank you LPC.
It seems that there are many people who have had signs from their deceased animals, or sensed them in some way. That will help many who are grieving the 'loss' of a special friend.

5-star post!
You are right, it is a five star post.

It seems that many people have some kind of experience of their pet after it passes. Each one was meaningful in a very personal way. Also people were comforted by the experience and it brought them peace.

Our pets have loved us and cared for us. They would want to give us one last sign that all is well. It is good to know that we are not alone in our experiences. Most of our pets want to reach out to us somehow.  No so often now, but in the early days after she died, Jonathan would be on the bed in her usual sleeping spot when I woke in the morning.  I would reach out my hand to her and then remember that she was gone. But for those moments each morning she was still with me, perhaps she had even been there part of the night.

I am glad someone has written a book about pet loss and pet presence.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I've probably told you all this before, but after about 5 months after Misty had left, I woke up one night abruptly. A distinct movement on the mattress woke me. My first thought was "Oh it's just Misty wriggling about and getting out of bed" (she did that every night at some point -got out, shook, then got back in again!)
By the way this whole thing was not a dream or a 'false awakening'. I was completely awake.

Anyway I suddenly remembered that of course it wasn't her as she had gone. I decided to go back to sleep.

I closed my eyes again and the very next second I heard and felt (very strongly!) a dog shake its whole body out right next to my head! There was no missing it, and it was a totally 'physical' sound! The whole bed shook!
I laughed and was full of affection. I knew it was her, held up the duvet just as I had done hundreds of times before...and said "go on then, get in again and let's go back to sleep now!"
Awww!
Misty didn't want to leave you any more than you wanted her to go. When you are that close it is hard to leave.
Of course it would be late at night. That would have been a quiet time for you to be together.

Waking up with Jonathan was my quiet time. No matter how late I went to bed, we always woke up together.

That is why each of the encounters is different. Each one held some special part of the relationship.
Catherine

Do you still sense Jonathan sometimes, Catherine?
Yes I think that's how it goes, Catherine, when you say "each one held some special part of the relationship".
What would mean something to one animal and human, would likely be different for another.

But I think when we really start to investigate, so many people have had encounters with loved ones after they have passed. Almost everyone I talk to has had some event...with animals most frequently, but also with human family members. Sometimes they don't want to talk about it unless they can see that you are sympathetic. I think a really good thing is that people are starting to talk about those events more than they used to, and there are quite a few books available recently.
Quote:Do you still sense Jonathan sometimes, Catherine?
Sometimes I do. It was more intense at first, but I still sense she is there some days. 

I think the spirit of Pigbert the guinea pig is still with us somehow. How else could I put together the herds of piggies I do and never have a problem. Pigbert was always the one who united them. I had five adult males together and they all got along. Only Pigbert could have created that much love and peace.

The thing that tells us that the encounters are real is the fact that they are all different and very personal. The experience only holds meaning for the one experiencing it. Waking up thinking there is a lizard on your bed probably would not be the same for the rest of you. I am the only one that would experience Jonathan that way.
Catherine