Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip Advisor supports animal welfare
The travel site Trip Advisor is taking a stand against animal exploitation. They are not taking bookings for tourist sites that exploit animals.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

This is really an important stand that they are taking. It will probably cost them  because some people will go elsewhere. On the other hand they could gain if people who care about animals support them. They are doing the right thing. Wild animals suffer at the hands of tourists in so many ways. Refusing to be part of that is something to be respected.

They have already been refusing to list things about bull fights and other blood sports. It is good to know that there are companies trying to be ethical.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Some tourist attractions are aware of Trip advisors decision and they are concerned  about how this will affect them.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

Most of them seem worried about loss of business. The Dolphin Research Center suggests that Trip Advisor has missed the point about animal encounters inspiring conservation efforts.

This whole issue needs to be looked at closely. I am sure there are places where the animal encounters are part of a conservation effort. However most of the tourist sites are just exploiting the animals and I think they have the opposite effect. They give people the idea that animals are something we have the right to exploit for our own entertainment.
Catherine

I think they should just let all the animals stay in the wild where they came from! They steal the animals from their natural habitat and use them for profit. There is such an ugly side to humans.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
These tourist sites that exploit animals are not a good thing and I doubt they promote conservation.
If Trip Advisor is boycotting them  then Trip Advisor is worth supporting.
Catherine

(10-31-2016, 03:34 PM)Catherine Wrote: These tourist sites that exploit animals are not a good thing and I doubt they promote conservation.
If Trip Advisor is boycotting them  then Trip Advisor is worth supporting.

I'd say Trip Advisor is worth supporting, yes!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I think we owe them our support if they are willing to do the right thing for animals. In some ways they get free publicity from being talked about on animal forums.  This is our way or saying thanks.
Catherine