Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robbie has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
Robbie is the guinea pig in my signature. His brother Murray died last year. Lambert and Rosebert his beloved herd members have gone before him. This last year he has been failing.

Tonight his frail little body just gave up and let him go.
He was always a comical little fellow and so happy with his life. He was rescued with Murray from someone who wanted him dead. They settled into life with me and my piggies and were both very happy.

[Image: 2DJ8HTg3pQR2-ZwIrsTERc2lhv_wWTXQQEaxrli-...0-h1125-no]

Of the five of them only Norbert the agouti abby is left.

[Image: me2gXQvPhtLk2BGcX34XseYeOoigtUTJBOUKlxIP...0-h1125-no]
He had his own special cuteness.

He did love to eat.

[Image: nj-gZWSCoXIWvfo0HfwD1zblQk79HViPJmCUd39d...0-h1125-no]
They were so good about sharing.

[Image: BNxCxS7ZHR9tW85dLysrC3KP6EFl3D_jerWbA458...0-h1125-no]
Most of my pictures are of them sharing a meal.

[Image: YGz7-ekxwjuTkDNwSGfwXT9cJEaESHKq-NjxQ_pG...0-h1125-no]
They also loved to sleep together.

[Image: kt2Vze3x4LIwfT3lxgm0fwJzpKo7j0yktuXrDR8Q...0-h1125-no]

They do know how to make themselves comfortable.

[Image: Nv5pGTt6O1iFg-X73F50fHfQCVXsYaXovLvYedZm...0-h1125-no]

They were so cute together.

[Image: N4I0SNy7eCnv4GwK4NIxku3X9F6TLNsN63vi33_l...0-h1125-no]
They all loved Robbie and he really loved them.
I think this will always be my favourite picture.

[Image: VBUMJJWhB0AS_iz_FThIIDYfPQSSD2dSrNDrfa6Q...0-h1125-no]

The three boys were living together when Robbie decided to join them.
[Image: kcnuNWlBVuhgb8XgemcEcuIKYxRPll7jADY6d0tG...0-h1125-no]

[Image: UGWGYuAXYp-xhkS221W4ZOPaHnpL3bYbMZt9Ezbp...0-h1125-no]

[Image: pFXi2G3swgs0LB8kaL72Tgbi5wGHjboytHBXGDR2...0-h1125-no]

[Image: 9qks66xgACDCNiL5EpMCW_Bh4LceCKxbhBBrkxKA...0-h1125-no]

He really wanted to be with them
[Image: DPzpjpzGSuTDnY00NT_evYDpdpcafk5Ae1hzEiAl...0-h1125-no]
They were happy to have him
[Image: BKh7geNT8Ygw3kRPrm5apfhiXap1NoJ8EDE4p8gd...0-h1125-no]

Now they are mostly together again.
I am going to miss my Robbie. For the last 3 years he has been a joy to have around. Now his departed family gets to have the joy of his presence.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Dear Robbie Heart  We shall not forget you. I see you every day in Catherine's signature!

Blessings to your lovely Soul. May you be happy in the next world. Bless you little one Angel
He was a dear little boy and he shall be missed.  He had such a big personality. When the end came he was all snuggled up against me and I was holding him and then I realized that he was gone. His spirit left as gentle and quiet as the flight of a butterfly.
Catherine

Oh dear! Your Robbie has moved on! He will be sorely missed, that is for sure. But although he is elsewhere now, he will also live on as Catherine's picture signature. Always loved and never forgotten.

Relax and have fun on the other side, dear Robbie! You gave Catherine and the other piggies so much love and care whilst on earth.
Thank-you. After a good life he has rejoined his herd who moved on before him. Guinea pigs form deep bonds. He missed Lambert the herd leader. They all did. Of course Murray and Rosebert have already joined Lambert, so now Robbie can be with them all. They can all run free and be together and be happy.

We are not going to forget Robbie. The picture in my signature is such a perfect image of what he was like. I am going to cherish seeing it every day.
Catherine

I'm so sorry Catherine. You gave him the best life he could have had, of that I am sure. He will be waiting for you by the RB.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Thank-you Ruth. Robbie was rescued from a life and death situation and I wanted him to have safety and good care. It worked out so much better than that. You can see from the pictures that he was part of a happy herd.

I have a beautiful herd of piggies waiting for me. When I cross the Rainbow Bridge I must remember to take a bag of carrots and a bunch of spinach.
Catherine

(10-31-2016, 03:19 PM)Catherine Wrote: Thank-you Ruth. Robbie was rescued from a life and death situation and I wanted him to have safety and good care. It worked out so much better than that. You can see from the pictures that he was part of a happy herd.

I have a beautiful herd of piggies waiting for me. When I cross the Rainbow Bridge I must remember to take a bag of carrots and a bunch of spinach.

Yes, a good 3 to 5 pound bag of the carrots and spinach would probably be good.  You saved his life and I bet he knew that, too, our animal friends seem to know these things.  The pictures are great, cute little critters they are! Heart

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Robbie and Murray always seem to understand that I saved them. They were both happy with me and the rest of my piggies.

It is sad that they are gone, but they had full and interesting lives.

I think I better go with the 10 pound bag of carrots and the mega box of spinach. I have a lot of piggies waiting for me.
Catherine