Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bailee
It is always hard to find a burial spot when you live in an apartment. Are there any parks with lots of trees in your area. Usually you can find a quiet place for a little bird. You could go in the early morning or just at dusk when there would few people around.
I use my back garden, but I still wait until the neighbours are out. For a tiny little animal there is nothing left after a few months. Everything is absorbed back into the earth and therefore into whatever tree is near. The tree would be there for you to see for years to come.

I have never had a pet cremated, but that would work too. You probably need time to think about it. It is a sad thing, but it does bring some closure when you decide what you want.

Poor little Bailee. She was a special bird and she brought you and Danny such joy.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(11-04-2016, 01:04 PM)Catherine Wrote: It is always hard to find a burial spot when you live in an apartment. Are there any parks with lots of trees in your area. Usually you can find a quiet place for a little bird. You could go in the early morning or just at dusk when there would few people around.
I use my back garden, but I still wait until the neighbours are out. For a tiny little animal there is nothing left after a few months. Everything is absorbed back into the earth and therefore into whatever tree is near. The tree would be there for you to see for years to come.

I have never had a pet cremated, but that would work too. You probably need time to think about it. It is a sad thing, but it does bring some closure when you decide what you want.

Poor little Bailee. She was a special bird and she brought you and Danny such joy.

Yes she did. Smiley19

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Quote:Yes she did. [Image: smiley19.gif]
This is the happy sad truth about having pets. They give us so much, but their lives are shorter than ours and we will have to say goodbye much too soon. It is still special that Bailee was part of your lives, but it is sadness that she is gone.  Hopefully the empty space she leaves will be filled with all your memories of her.
Catherine

Yes, there are memories. She was such a little sweetie!!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
All of us have a lifetime of pet memories to cherish. Maybe they are more precious to us because they are special moments that happen for such short times in our much longer lives. I wonder what it feels like for our pets. They get to have us for their whole lives.
Catherine